- Our actions»
- By theme»
- Historical heritage guide»
- European projects»
- Become a member»
The aims of the AVEC network’s members:
– Integrate as harmoniously as possible innovation in what already exists, for a sustainable development of the historical and cultural heritage of the cities and territories in Europe. While thinking together of social, cultural, economic and environmental dimensions of the heritages, the members of the network enrich their own experiences and bring common solutions to continue the work of the builders of yesterday.
– Make local heritages a driving force for economic, cultural and social development for cities and territories in the spirit of the charter signed by each member. This charter engages them in a quality approach, which exceeds the short-term use of the heritages as a simple source of income. Member cities and territories manage the heritages that they inherited, with the constant concern of preserving as well the quality of their natural and cultural environment as the interests of the future generations.
– Contribute to the economic growth of their territories. The influence of the AVEC network constitutes a real asset for the future of their communities.
– Get an international visibility. Support and disseminate the image of culture and sustainable development, with the objective to change the network into a patrimonial reference in the long term.