As part of the three-year agreement signed with the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in order to present the Qualicities methodology to new members of the network who are in need of tools to improve their cultural heritage management, the AVEC network organized a thematic workshop in Arles from 22nd to 24th November 2017.
The objectives of this meeting were to:
1) Present in more detail the Qualicities approach to different new members from the Mediterranean area: the city of Chefchaouen (Morocco), the community of municipalities of Dannieh (Lebanon) and the city of Sbeïtla (Tunisia).
2) Underline the existing links between the Qualicities approach and the elaboration of the management plan for the properties inscribed on the World Heritage List.
3) Illustrate concretely the Qualicities approach with the example of Arles through:
- the presentation of the role of coordinator of the approach,
- the presentation of the mission of the referent of the approach,
- the presentation of the Heritage service and the other involved services,
- a focus on the enhancement of the Roman heritage by the Arelate Festival.
- a visit of the emblematic places of the city of Arles which have been improved on the basis of criteria of the Qualicities methodology: the ancient theatre and the place Voltaire.
- a visit of the Archeomed site, a mutualisation platform dedicated to the cultural and heritage professions.
This workshop was realized thanks to the support of: